NNIP Idea Showcase & Network Update, July 2017
In 2014, we began holding virtual idea showcases after partners expressed the desire for more NNIP conversations between in-person meetings. Thanks to Idea Showcases, partners have shared their work and found new opportunities for collaboration with fellow NNIPers.
NNIP HQ started with a quick update on network activities including details about upcoming conferences and overall NNIP goals. Then, each presenter had 5 minutes to talk about potential, current, or completed work.
- Jennifer Newcomer (Shift Research Lab) on their Creative Applications of Data:Early Childhood Care & Education (minute 12:11)
- Yujie Hu (The Kinder Institute) on analysis of intersection and crash rates in Houston (minute 18:44)
- Mary Newsom (UNCC Urban Institute) on their City Walks (minute 27:10)
And updates from Rob Pitingolo, Sara McTarnaghan, and Olivia Arena about upcoming NNIP products:
- NNIP Partners’ Guide to the Network
- Community Data Hubs Project-- Data Management Guide
- Community Data Hubs Project-- Business Model Guide
- Civic Tech & Data Collaborative-- Network Mapping