Data Analyst/Research Associate
The Data Analyst/Research Associate is a full-time or part-time position based in downtown New Haven, Connecticut. Adding to our diverse team of researchers and project staff, the Data Analyst/Research Associate will collect and analyze Connecticut town and neighborhood-level data pertaining to demographics, public health, economics, and quality of life. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with a range of research techniques to answer questions about social and economic well-being in our communities, and to communicate these issues to a broad audience.
● Love of data, and a curiosity or experience in applying public data to improve well-being and social justice, especially within historically oppressed communities and in public policy-making;
● A bachelor’s degree and strong quantitative analysis skills, preferably in statistics, social science, community and economic development, public health, epidemiology, and/or related fields;
● At least 1 year of work experience organizing, processing, and analyzing data, including writing programs or scripts through the use of at least one statistical or mathematical software package or language (e.g. R, Python, SPSS, or similar), and a rigorous attention to detail;
● Ability to write about data to describe patterns and trends to general, non-technical audiences;
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a diverse team on multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and within tight timeframes, with high capacity for selfmotivation, self-learning, and meeting deadlines