General DEI Resources
Last Updated: January 03, 2020
These resources will assist organizations who seek to improve their DEI practices internally and those considering how data services and analytic products can advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Glossary of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (University of Washington, School of Public Health, Fall 2017)
- This glossary identifies important words, acronyms, and concepts critical to understanding and communicating DEI work.
Racial Equity Toolkit: An Opportunity to Operationalize Equity (Government Alliance on Race and Equity-GARE, 2015)
- GARE is a national network of governments working to achieve racial equity and advance opportunities for all. The toolkit is organized around 6 questions that help a government or community-based organization identify strategies, outcomes, and measurement to operationalize racial equity in their work.
The Toolkit has several goals:
- proactively seek to eliminate racial inequities and advance equity;
- identify clear goals, objectives and measurable outcomes;
- engage community in decision-making processes;
- identify who will benefit or be burdened by a given decision, examines potential unintended consequences of a decision, and develops strategies to advance racial equity and mitigate unintended negative consequences; and,
- develop mechanisms for successful implementation and evaluation of impact.
Race Equity and Inclusion Action Guide (Annie E. Casey Foundation, 2015)
- This guide features seven steps to advance and embed race equity and inclusion within your organization, including establishing an understanding of race equity and inclusion principles and core concepts, gathering and analyzing disaggregated data, and continuously evaluating effectiveness and adapting strategies. This resource is part of a larger portfolio of racial equity work, which can be found on their blog titled “A Collection of Key Race Equity and Inclusion Resources.”
More Online Guides:
Updated December 31, 2018[read more]
Updated April 8, 2015