Digital Inclusion Project Director
Data Driven Detroit (D3) is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join our team as Digital Inclusion Project Director! This is a full-time, salaried position, with a starting salary of $70,000 per year. We offer a number of benefits, including:
- A flexible 32-hour work week;
- 4 weeks of paid time off per year;
- Access to group health, dental, and vision insurance;
- A 401(k) profit-sharing plan;
- Paid contingency leaves (parental, caregiving, jury duty, etc.); and
- A strong commitment to work-life balance.
This is a contract-funded position. We currently have funds committed for this position through June 30, 2025. Continuation beyond that date is contingent upon continuation of contract funding.
This is primarily a remote position, with occasional attendance at in-person meetings or events.
At D3, we’re dedicated to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. D3 does not conduct criminal background checks on prospective team members.
We expect this position to start in November 2023. Detroit residents and Black, Indigenous, or People of Color candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At D3, we work every day to improve access to information for everyone in Metro Detroit. We were recently awarded a $2.5 million, multi-year contract to build a digital inclusion-focused data trust for the City of Detroit, and we are seeking an experienced professional to lead this effort. The project will involve creating a first-of-its-kind approach to gathering and integrating data about internet and technology access in Detroit, helping both the City and Detroit residents better-understand in closer-to-real-time where the digital divide is most prevalent across our city. Our deliverables are to build a data system and forward-facing data tools to support the data trust, help digital inclusion-focused nonprofits increase their ability to participate in this data trust, create a community-oriented governance structure to oversee the data trust, and create and implement a workshop campaign to increase the use of data in Detroit’s digital inclusion ecosystem.
If you’re selected for this job, you’ll join a dynamic work environment where suggestions and critical thinking are welcomed. Your typical days will consist of:
- Working with D3’s Co-Executive Directors to manage and coordinate all aspects of the Digital Inclusion Data Trust project, including hiring and managing project staff;
- Ensuring that all project deliverables are completed on time and in line with D3’s quality standards;
- Serving as the primary point of contact for the project between the D3 team, the Detroit community, and external stakeholders, including the City of Detroit;
- Helping to strategically align the project with all other aspects of D3’s activities and infrastructure;
- Preparing and submitting project invoices and other required reports; and
- Coordinating a process for maintaining internal documentation for both technical and nontechnical portions of the Digital Inclusion Data Trust project.
Founded in 2009, D3 is a worker-owned social enterprise pursuing our mission of providing accessible, high-quality analysis to drive informed decision-making.
We value unbiased access to data.
We exist to provide equitable access to information and help our community make better decisions.
We serve anyone seeking information to make more-informed decisions, including nonprofit organizations, foundations, universities, governments, businesses, and individuals.
We believe that behind every data point is a living, breathing person.
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience, including leading community-oriented projects with a wide range of stakeholders and in growing and managing a team of professionals
- Familiar with the Agile development process
- Able to think strategically about complex, long-term projects and how they can connect with other areas of an organization’s work
- Strong oral and written communication skills (both short-form and long-form)
- Able to independently manage deadlines and tasks for yourself as well as others
- Flexibility in adjusting workflow based on project needs
- Willing to explore innovative, efficient solutions to problems
- Curious about data and answering questions
- Able to work effectively with people across racial, cultural, gender and other identity characteristic differences
- Lived experience and/or service providing perspectives that support D3 in our mission, especially in serving populations that are under-represented in society at large.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume here.
All interviews will be conducted remotely. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].
Thank you! We look forward to reviewing your materials!