Procedures for New and Departing Staff at Partner Organizations
When partner organizations have staff arrivals and departures, we ask that you follow these steps to allow for a smooth transition.
- Create a user account for the new staff member on the NNIP website
- Complete the “new staff” form on the NNIP website with the person’s name, title, and contact information so that we can update NNIP HQ systems.
- Decide if the new staff member should be part of the NNIP “Business List” - an internal distribution list for sending notes related to specific requests for information, cross-site project opportunities, or network business (like admitting new partners or reviewing new policies). We also send the partners’ meeting invitation to this list, but they can also receive a meeting invitation by request.
NNIP HQ staff will add new staff members to the two NNIP listservs (NNIPNews and the partner/alumni Google Group). We will also send them a welcome message and link to the NNIP onboarding guide.
- Notify NNIP HQ at [email protected] about the departing staff member
- Decide if it’s appropriate to invite the person to the Alumni Network (former staff can only become alumni if approved by the current organization’s manager).
NNIP HQ staff will remove any former staff member who will not be in the Alumni Network from the NNIP website and partner listserve. Alumni continue to have access to these systems with limited permissions.