Strengthening Communities with Neighborhood Data
For legislators, urban planners, housing advocates, and activists, well-formulated neighborhood-level data and analyses are essential in crafting successful policies and programs for community improvement. The forthcoming book Strengthening Communities with Neighborhood Data documents and explains advances in community information management, providing context and offering sound guidance for how the field should evolve. The book is based on experiences from the National Neighborhood Indicators Partnership, and was written with the support of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation. The book is available in print for purchase or as a free e-book.
The book include the following chapters, each accompanied by topical essays from leaders in the field.
- Chapter 1 – Introduction to the Field
- Chapter 2 – The Institutional Context
- Chapter 3 – The Data and the Technology
- Chapter 4 – Framework for Using Indicators
- Chapter 5 – Using Neighborhood Indicators in Community Building and Development Initiatives
- Chapter 6 – Using Neighborhood Indicators in Policy and Planning
- Chapter 7 - Advances in Analytic Methods for Neighborhood Research
- Chapter 8 - The Way Forward