NNIP Partners Google Group
The NNIP Partners Google Group is the forum to post messages to NNIP Partner staff and alumni only. Any individual can pose questions or topics for discussion. UI staff use the google group to advertise network webinars, sent ad hoc requests for particular examples or feedback on upcoming decisions, and informal organizing around non-NNIP conferences.
Any general interest announcements about data sources, conferences, public webinars are posted to NNIPNews. “Business-related” notices, such as funding opportunities, reporting obligations to the network, or partner meeting announcements are sent to a distribution list with only select partner staff.
If you would like to be invited to the list, please send a note to Urban staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The web site for the group is http://groups.google.com/group/nnip-partners and you can post messages through the website or by sending an email to email@example.com. Let us know if you have any ideas on how to make the list more useful for the partnership.
When using the Google Group, please keep in mind:
- This list is not moderated, meaning that all message postings will automatically be sent to the group.
- We encourage you to upload a picture to your profile to help everyone get to know each other.
- Using the new Google Groups interface, you can change your settings (nickname display, how often you want to receive emails, unsubscribe, get email alerts of messages containing specific keywords, etc.) through clicking on the “My membership” link in the blue bar at the top of the page. In the older interface, choose “Edit my membership” from the right-hand menu.
- Please BE NOTE TO WHOM YOU ARE REPLYING when you respond to a message posted on the list. If you just hit the "Reply" button, you will send a message back to the entire list. If you want to respond to just the author of the original message, please choose "reply to author" instead.
Code of Conduct
- Be respectful of a diversity of opinions and experiences within the network.
- Refrain from posting highly sensitive or confidential material or opinions. (There are more than 100 people on the list, so there is still risk of items being shared outside the group.)
- Cite their peers and provide proper credit for techniques and reports shared through the Google Group.
- Not share opinions expressed by fellow members outside of the network without explicit permission.
- Keep information about strategic businesses practices confidential unless you have explicit permission from the relevant NNIP partner. Strategic business practices includes Google Group conversations related to: fundraising, fee and cost structures, strategic planning and rebranding, institutional form, advisory boards and boards of governance, communications planning and strategy and organizational performance management.