NNIP convenes partners around local COVID-19 responses
Urban Institute staff are convening NNIP current and potential partners to exchange ideas and activities on how local data can help local communities' response to COVID-19. The network has collected examples on an informal spreadsheet to share ideas, links, and resources such as programming code and crosswalks. There have already been several examples of partners taking a good idea from one place and adapting it for their own hometown.
Types of initial activities from NNIP Partners
- Sharing levels and trends of COVID-19 infections
- Identifying areas with residents with health/financial risks
- Publishing or supporting articles and blogs on local implications and responses
- Offering "help desk" for nonprofits and supporting grassroots groups
- Analyzing early impacts on the city/regional economy