NNIP Featured at National Legal Aid Conference
NNIP will be featured in a panel at 2016 annual conference for the National Legal Aid and Defenders Association in Indianapolis. Titled Legal Service Data in Context: Leveraging Public Data for Community Needs Assessments and Planning, the panel session will provide examples of how community-level data can be useful for reporting on the demand for legal services and addressing the information needs of legal service program directors across the country. The panel will include an overview of the Legal Service Performance Area One, Criterion One, which relates to comprehensive assessment of legal needs and access challenges. It also will introduce several national and local data resources that can be used to support community assessments. Indianapolis partner, The Polis Center, will introduce the NNIP network and the type of data that local NNIP partners collect, analyze and share. Polis also will demonstrate some of its data tools developed to support community assessments and planning.
· James Scruggs, Program Counsel, Office of Program Performance, Legal Services Corporation
· Sharon Kandris, Director, Community Informatics, The Polis Center, Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis
· Carlos A. Manjarrez, Director, Office of Data Governance and Analysis, Legal Services Corporation
· Jon Laramore, Executive Director, Indiana Legal Services, Inc.
· Nan Heald, Executive Director, Pine Tree Legal Assistance